Tuesday 24 April 2018

PRETTY PAGES FROM THE PINK REPTILE GALLERY | by JENN


Hello! I'm here filling in for Karen this month. I'm thrilled to get the chance to share with you some lovely finds from the Pink Reptile Designs Gallery over at The Lilypad. These pages are so pretty ... let's just jump right in and have a look, shall we?

This first page, Change, by @heathert stopped me in my tracks. I think the all white and black composition with a few striking touches of gorgeous yellow gold is just such a beautiful look! That strip of gold pattern paper introduces the page and sets the tone for the whole flow of the page: which is move your eye from left to right. The flow is perfection with the theme of change. Every thing falls in line and the end ... that adorable little measuring tape element, LOVE! Amazing execution and beautiful documenting!

pink reptile designs

My next find is Life is Complicated by @jaye. The combination of the perspective on the photo with those bold stripes make me feel like I can jump right into the page. I love the feeling of depth she creates with her choices. I love how the die cut breaks up the pattern a bit and creates a pretty foundation for the photo and elements. I love the  way the soft color pops off all the awesome in your face black and white!!! It's just such a cool, cool page!

pink reptile designs

My last pick for this month is Happiness by @Sharon-Dewi. I mean come on! Her little guy's smile steals the show here. He is adorable. BUT ... her mad skills at making a custom banner and threading techniques are not to be missed either. I love that she created little holes in the paper elements and perfectly threads the string through them. The shadowing is awesome and everything feels so touchable. Plus the page has great flow from photo to photo with the various strung elements. This page is just cute as can be and you can tell she worked on it for a while. Lots of heart and love went into this one here!

pink reptile designs

That's it for now! Keep showing off your digi scrapping skills in the PRD Gallery and maybe next time your page will be highlighted here on the blog! Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment